Monday, October 29, 2012

First snow on Slovakia - Zone & Branch Conference

Banska Bystrica
Dear Family and Friends, Yesterday we had our first snow in Banska Bystrica! This morning it looked like a winter wonderland by the time Sister Izatt and I finished with our studies. It all melted in a few hours, but we weren't super happy that the snow has already hit us. It's not the best weather for missionary work, haha. However, I love to see the leaves change, and the snow reminded me that the holidays are coming. There's no better time of year than holiday season! This week was just fantastic! We had zone conference on Wednesday in Brno, which required a sleepover with the sisters in Brno on Tuesday night, and a long ride back after training on Wednesday. It was just wonderful to see everyone, and the training was so inspiring. I, along with the handful of other missionaries that will be departing with me, were able to give our "departure" testimonies. I felt the spirit so strong as I bore testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and spoke of how my mission has truly impacted the kind of disciple I will be for the rest of my life. We also had branch conference in Banska on Sunday. President and Sister Irwin, as well as other district leaders came down to visit and speak. It was wonderful! We had 6 investigators at church, and organized a small lunch afterwards. I just LOVE Banska! Also, Katarina is so excited for her baptism, as well as everyone else. Couldn't ask for more! Love you! Sestra Lucy Brimhall

No comments: