Tuesday, March 27, 2012

One of the sweetest weeks of my mission.

Dearest Family and Friends,

This week was one of the sweetest weeks of my mission. I've written several times of a beautiful young woman who contacted me on the street during the first week of January. This young woman was finally baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. So many miracles happened throughout the week, in order for her to make her original baptismal date on Saturday. On Monday night, things were all up in the air. She still wasn't sure if she wanted to be baptized, and she had a really complicated work schedule, where she couldn't get work off for the next two Sundays. We weren't sure what we were going to do, as far as getting her confirmed at church. We left Monday night, not knowing what was going to be. We, as a companionship, had kind of mentally decided that it probably wouldn't go down this week, but maybe next week. On Tuesday night, we had a lesson with her and she said that she wanted to be baptized this Saturday! She had thought long about, had prayed hard about it, and felt that now was the time, even though we still hadn't taught her everything she needed. When she said that, I realized that the day before she had asked me how we picked her baptismal date originally. I answered, "By the means of prayer." She nodded her head, and that was it. The rest of the week proved to me that the Lord is in charge of this work, and we really have no business trying to change his plans :) This young woman was meant to be baptized this Saturday, and that was how the Lord was going to have it. We still had the problem of her having work the next couple Sundays, which isn't so ideal for a new convert. Later that day, on Tuesday evening, she gave us a call. The perfect, dream job that she had interviewed for several weeks ago finally called her back. She was given a job in a prominent company in the city, with a schedule from Monday to Friday, with fantastic pay! She was absolutely ecstatic! We all were in complete shock. Her ability to regularly attend church had been a big concern for her and for us, and Heavenly Father went ahead and took care of it. I learned a lesson in trusting the Lord this week. We all felt that when we were thinking of changing her date, Heavenly Father was probably up there saying, "Hold on, sisters. What are you doing? I have a blessing lined up for her this week, and it's all going to work out just as I inspired you to plan it." It truly did.

We rushed to finish teaching her the remaining commandments, and she accepted them beautifully. She had her interview on Friday, and she was baptized on Saturday morning. All the youth in the branch came out to support her and take part in her baptismal service. It was a beautiful service! Absolutely beautiful! The branch president baptized her, and one of the youth confirmed her the following day at church. On Sunday afternoon, we happened to have a youth activity organized, to do splits with the missionaries and go out to visit all the less active youth and invite them to conference. She actually came and I was able to take her and another young woman in the branch out for a few hours to visit some less actives, tract some doors, and contact people on the trams. On her first day as a member, she was doing full-on missionary work! That was a really special day for me, to spend several hours with her, bearing my testimony about how much people need this gospel, and what an opportunity we have to share it.

I love you all so very much. I know the Lord loves each one of you. I know this gospel is true and will bless our lives if we let it.

Sestra Lucy Brimhall

I am being knighted, it is something one of the members does every transfer for the missionaries. It's up on a fortress in Brno!

No comments: