Monday, January 2, 2012

St'astny Novy Rok! Happy New Year!






Dear Family and Friends,Happy New Year!
I hope you had a wonderful couple weeks of holiday cheer. It has been really special here in the Czech Republic. For the new year, all the missionaries went home by 6 PM, as President thought it would be best if we weren't out on the streets. We had a fantastic night as our Assistants challenged us to spend an hour from 6-7 PM reading our patriarchal blessings, evaluating the year we had just completed, and making goals for the new year to come. I think it was one of my favorite New Year celebrations - to sit down and read in the scriptures, and really think about how I could become a better disciple of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Beats doing puzzles all night, that's for sure :)

Ok, well, we had a fantastic week! Family, I told you about our most progressing investigator over the phone - the one who has a baptismal date for the 4th of February. We were worried about him, as he was a little nervous about being able to follow the commandment of tithing. We sat down with him this week, and Sister Izatt and I bore our hearts out with testimony of the blessings each of us have seen in our families and in our own lives, because of the faithfulness of our parents in paying tithing. The Spirit was there as we read Malachi 3:10 together, and talked about how when the Lord gives us a commandment, he asks us to try him, to live according to it, and to see if he will not bless us more than we can imagine. I didn't know if he would agree, to be honest. However, by the end of the lesson, when I asked him, "After you are baptized, will you live according to the law of the tithe?" He responded, "I will. I must." He said he had no idea how, but he knew this path was the right path, he knew God had led him to truth, and he would do all he could to continue on that path and be worthy for baptism into the Lord's church. This investigator's faith is one of the most impressive things I've yet to see on my mission. He is such a powerhouse of a person - willing to give all and do all for the Lord. I hope to be like him someday.

I know this church is the Lord's church restored once again to the earth. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know God loves me. I love you all, and am so thankful for the examples each one of you have been to me throughout my life.

Keep going! Hold to the rod. Love the Lord, and always put him first.

S laskou,
Sestra Lucy Brimhall








No comments: