Monday, October 17, 2011

Thanks for your letters!

My Wonderful Family and Friends,

Thank you for your letters. Joy spreads across my face in this little Czech library when I see so much good news in my inbox. I'm so happy to hear you're happy.

This week was another wonderful week of missionary work. Time is passing so quickly, I can hardly believe it. The cold weather is coming (evidenced by the newly acquired pack of Kleenex in my coat pocket), and it's reminded me that life still goes on back home and even here. I feel like I'm in a different world sometimes as all I do is the work of the Lord from 6:30 AM to 10:30 PM (Maybe the hours in between as well, as all I dream about is my investigators too, haha). It's a wonderful life. I'm thoroughly enjoying every moment.

We worked hard this week. I feel like my head is down and I'm just plowing forward. One day, somewhere in the future, someone will tap me on the shoulder and tell me it's time to go home and do something else. I'm starting to realize what a shocker that day will be. There's so much lifting to do with investigators, members, less actives, and people on the street. There's also a lot of lifting to do together as companions. Sister White and I are still quite "new," and we're still learning loads every day. We've been working incredibly hard on improving our teaching skills and our Czech. We've been making huge strides! It's a lot of fun to be together and just get to figure things out with the guidance fo the Spirit. I love it.

I don't think I've told you about a young investigator we have who's still in high school. He's super cool, and knew close to nothing about faith before we met him. We were contacting a few weeks ago, out in a park on a day that was super muddy because of rain the night before. As Sister White and I were dodging a puddle, he dodged it on the other side. I decided to get over how potentially awkward a dodge-a-puddle-and-say-"Prosim vas"-contact would be. We ended up talking to him across this puddle until we realized this young man had real interest, and we brought out our Book of Mormon to show him. We ended up teaching him the Restoration right there, and since that day we've been teaching him everything from who is God to how we can return to Him through saving ordinances like baptism. He's been reading in the Book of Mormon every day, for at least a few minutes, even though scriptures are often quite hard for non-believers to grasp. He's been feeling the fruits of the spirit as he's started praying every morning and every night. Family and Friends, God answers prayers. Tell every one you know!

This week we also had a real Relief Society activity in Ceske Budejovice! There were a handful of us in the building and we had refreshments Sister White and I picked up that morning. Then, we watched the RS conference session in Czech. I didn't get much out of it, ha, but a member friend in Prague is going to get us the English so we can listen to it too. This branch is step by step getting stronger. We've been working hard as a district to get our building looking more like a chapel, and getting callings for everyone so that we can function how the Lord would have us function. We do a lot of work with members, teaching them the basic doctrines and commandments again, teaching them how to teach, how to plan talks, how to lead music, how to conduct a meeting. They're growing, and it makes me so happy to see our branch become a little more independent week by week.

I'm super, duper happy. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be here. I love how much we're able to study. I love that we get to do this work full time, every day. I love, love, love talking to people. Contacting on the street is starting to become one of my most favorite things we do. Though the language will be a struggle my entire mission, I love the language too. (Two of my favorite things in life: grammar and puzzles. Czech grammar is like a giant puzzle - Whoo!)

I know the Church is true. I know God is there. I know Jesus Christ is His Son. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior.

I love you all!

S laskou,
Sestra Lucy Brimhall

No comments: