Monday, August 22, 2011

Teaching Youth

Dear Family,
Sorry so little this week! President's letter took a little longer - so much is happening in this city!

Q#1: Your Lucy is doing well! So happy! So excited about how her area is doing! Walking on clouds. Wish I could tell you every miracle, but just know that I think we might break the ice here in Ceske Budejovice. We were never teaching youth before, but right now we have 3 solid, progressing investigators - 1 scheduled to be baptized on September 2nd, the other has so much desire (but we're working with his parents), and another that is just a powerhouse find! He is going to serve a mission!! I know it.

Q#2: Really, if you could just google gospel object lessons for children, that would be wonderful. Only ideas is what I need. No materials. It's not as urgent as it was before - we're struggling a bit with D. However, object lessons are so good, and I have a limited amount in my brain, and no internet/research capabilities, haha.

Q#3: My apartment is great! No complaints. Just a regular apartment, with a nice, big washing machine, actually. Super great, pretty normal. We actually live beneath our branch president and his family, so that's cool. Also, I'm very safe here. We definitely don't contact certain types of people, but I have no concerns about my safety and I don't think I ever will on my mision in the Czech Republic. No worries!

I gave a talk in church yesterday (yes, in Czech.. AHH!), and with all the investigators we're working with, I decided to speak on the story of Peter walking on the water to Christ (Matthew 14:25-33). Maybe you can read it real quick. It's really resonated with me on my mission for some reason. I think about it very, very often. I spoke about how Peter had so much desire to follow Jesus Christ and to walk to him on the water. However, when he saw the wind and sea of life, he started to fear, and he doubted. He began to fall. Immediately, Christ reached out his hand and lifted him up, telling him that he had no reason to fear, he had no reason to doubt. Peter was trying to follow his Savior, Jesus Christ, but the thing that changed was that he started to look around, and he lost his focus. We must ALWAYS focus on the Savior. We must ALWAYS keep our minds and our hearts and our will looking forward, remembering what Jesus Christ has done for us, and that he will support us in all that we do. He can lift us so high if we let him!


By the way, I won't have P-day next Monday because transfers are the following Saturday (September 3rd), and that will turn into our P-day. I have to say, I'm a little worried about transfers. I can't imagine leaving my city here. I love it so much. It is so different from the rest of the areas - my little, baby Ceske Budejovice branch, with it's handful of members that have a special corner in Heavenly Father's heart, ha. In this area, we're looking for pioneers still. There's so little to build on. However, the Lord has been blessing us and we've been finding those pioneers! It's really quite amazing - I feel like I've gone back in time here in the church. The path is paved where I came from, but here, we're just starting to move the rocks out of the way. I love this work. I love my companion. I love Ceske Budejovice. I love my mission. I love it! I can't believe I'll be out of my greenie transfer in just a few! Time flies!

I love you all!
Lucy

No comments: